As mentioned in my previous post, my father will have his minor operation of arteriovenous fistula on Saturday, February 11, 2012. I have research about “ How to take care the vascular Access (Fistula) “ and here is what I found.
- Make sure that the nurse who will conduct the dialysis will check the access before each treatment.
- Keep the access clean at all times
- Use the access site only for dialysis
- Be careful not to bump or cut your access.
- Don’t let anyone put blood pressure on the side where the fistula is installed
- Don’t wear Jewelry or tight clothes over your access side.
- Don’t sleep with your access arm under your head or body
- Don’t lift heavy or put pressure on your access arm.
- Check the pulse in your access everyday
- Always pray before you sleep (very important)
Here are just some point to remember on taking care of the vascular access. Taking care of this access will mean savings for the treatment.
Image source : Davita.com
Incoming search terms:
- dialysis fistula
- av fistula
- fistula for dialysis
- av fistula kidney
- how to take care of a fistula acess
- holding dialysis site post treatment
- fistula for dialysis cost in the phil
- dialysis in manila philippines
- dialysis fistula philippines price
- accronym to check fistula