As mentioned in my previous post, my father will have his minor operation of arteriovenous fistula on Saturday, February 11, 2012. I have research about “ How to take care the vascular Access (Fistula) “ and here is what I found.
- Make sure that the nurse who will conduct the dialysis will check the access before each treatment.
- Keep the access clean at all times
- Use the access site only for dialysis
- Be careful not to bump or cut your access.
- Don’t let anyone put blood pressure on the side where the fistula is installed
- Don’t wear Jewelry or tight clothes over your access side.
- Don’t sleep with your access arm under your head or body
- Don’t lift heavy or put pressure on your access arm.
- Check the pulse in your access everyday
- Always pray before you sleep (very important)
Here are just some point to remember on taking care of the vascular access. Taking care of this access will mean savings for the treatment.
Image source : Davita.com
Incoming search terms:
- dialysis fistula
- av fistula
- fistula for dialysis
- av fistula kidney
- how to take care of a fistula acess
- holding dialysis site post treatment
- fistula for dialysis cost in the phil
- dialysis in manila philippines
- dialysis fistula philippines price
- accronym to check fistula
On Saturday, February 11,2012, My father is scheduled to have an operation for the fistula which will be used on his upcoming dialysis. Here is some information that I found about the fistula. A surgeon creates an AV fistula by connecting an artery directly to a vein, frequently in the forearm.
Connecting the artery to the vein causes more blood to flow into the vein. As a result, the vein grows larger and stronger, making repeated needle insertions for hemodialysis treatments easier. For the surgery, you’ll be given a local anesthetic. In most cases, the procedure can be performed on an outpatient basis. ( Source)
The AV Fistula will be used as an access of the dialysis machine. So this needs to be properly done. According to my parents the AV fistula connection cost an approximately Php 15,000 in Batangas City, Philippines which will done on outpatient basis.
Prior to this my father has passed the operation of venous catheter as a temporary access since the permanent vascular access through fistula has not been made.
For all Filipinos Looking for information about the List of Philippine Dialysis Center, I hope this list will help you. We will continue on Updating this list to cover other location in Philippines. So if you know any other Dialysis Center in Philippines, Make a comment and we will update the list.
Capitol Medical Center
Sct. Magbanua St. cor. Panay Ave., Quezon City
Incoming search terms:
- dialysis center in the philippines
- dialysis centers in the philippines
- dialysis center in manila
- list of dialysis centers in the philippines
- list of dialysis center in the philippines
- dialysis center philippines
- dialysis center in philippines
- dialysis centers philippines
- dialysis centers in philippines
- philippine kidney center
Image Credit : chemistry.wustl.edu
Kidney dialysis procedure is done on patients with permanent kidney failure which is called as renal failure. Kidneys are the vital organs in a human body which perform several functions. There are two kidneys in human body. They play a vital role in urinary system, electrolyte balance, acid base balance, and maintenance of blood pressure by balancing water and salt level. Kidneys act as a natural filtering system and eliminates waste through urinary bladder. Kidneys eliminate waste by urine production. In urine, body wastes such as ammonium and urea are excreted. They also help in reabsorption of water, amino acids, and glucose from the urine. These bean-shaped organs help in the secretion of essential hormones and enzymes such as erythropoietin, renin, and calcitriol. After the absorption of nutrients from the body, wastes are sent to blood. If the kidneys do not work properly, then these wastes become harmful to health. Kidney dialysis called renal dialysis is often done with the measurement of glomerular filtration rate. Glomerular filtration rate is the estimation of amount of blood passed through glomeruli per minute. This test determines the efficiency of the kidneys. If the glomerular filtration rate is poor, then renal dialysis is recommended. Kidney failure occurs due to the kidneys’ loss of filtering capacity due to renal diseases. Nephrons are the part mostly affected in the kidney. Kidney failure may occur due to diabetic kidney disease, hypertension, glomerular disease, congenital kidney disease such as polycystic kidney disease, poison, or trauma. The speed in which the kidney fails depends on acute kidney injury, chronic kidney disease, and end-stage renal disease. When the kidneys stop working, it results in a disease condition called uremia due to the accumulation of urea in blood.
Incoming search terms:
- dialysis procedure
- kidney dialysis procedure
- human kidney
- all about hemodialysis
- flow of how kidney eliminates waste
- urine production dialysis
- vital organs human